As everyone will be aware, Covid-19 and the consequent restrictions has increased the risk of running the 2020 Auckland On Water Boat Show and the organisers have set a date of June 3rd as “decision day”.
A date of June 3rd has been set as “decision day”. Once the NZ Marine Boat Show Board has made a decision they will either advise cancellation immediately or, if Board approval is given, they will then liaise with exhibitors on the new format and make the final decision, based on exhibitor support, no later than Friday 12th June.
“This decision weighs heavily on us as we are very aware that a pre-season boat show is a very important marketing/selling event for many companies, however this must be balanced against any potential risk of utilising member funds on an event that could be cancelled right up to opening day should new Covid-19 outbreaks push us back into higher alert levels” says Richard Macalister, NZ Marine President.
Should the decision be made to go ahead with the Show it is very likely that the show would be held a few weeks later on Thursday 8th to Sunday 11th October, with the on-land exhibitions moving to The Cloud, a ready-built and well known events venue. The on-water display will be retained in the Viaduct Harbour. The new dates bring the show into daylight saving during the last weekend of school holidays and two weeks before Labour weekend.